Tom Bosschaert, founder of Except Integrated Sustainability, unveiled in the episode how the consultancy is transforming itself towards creating entities that will kickstart thorough, long-term societal transformations.
"Time is no longer on our side and we can't just keep playing in the sandbox anymore. We have to take serious, serious action," Bosschaert said in the episode.
"We've pinpointed five specific intervention points within society that can use such a snowball effect transition that we are familiar with," he said.
- The financial sector, to help them restructure and understand how long-term investment can benefit them towards financial revenue and increased returns, but also have a long-term societal impact, which has a risk profile that is much more attractive than just keeping on investing in the old linear economy.
- Agriculture and food production.
- The built environment, how we build and rebuild our cities.
- Manufacturing, industry and supply chains.
- Education and the tools needed to understand this.